The Velardeña Operations have two mills, each of which has its own tailings ponds:
- A 300 tonne-per-day flotation sulfide mill located near the town of Velardeña
- This mill accounted for approximately one-third of the Company’s saleable metals production during 2012
- The sulfide mill includes lead, zinc, and pyrite flotation circuits which produce lead, zinc and pyrite concentrates from the sulfide ore
- Concentrates are sold to various customers under exclusive annual contracts
- Most of the silver is contained in the lead concentrate, while most of the gold is in the pyrite concentrate
- A 550 tonne-per-day cyanide leach oxide mill with a Merrill Crowe precipitation circuit and newly-installed flotation circuit, located adjacent to the Company’s Chicago mine.
- This mill accounted for approximately two-thirds of our saleable metals production during 2012
- It processes oxide and mixed sulfide/oxide material
- The mill currently generates gold and silver bearing precipitate sold to third party refineries
- There is a small refinery at the oxide plant capable of producing doré gold and silver bars. Golden Minerals produced doré during Q1 & Q2 2012.